About the City Secretary
City Secretary is appointed by the City Council to:
• Attend all meetings of the city council and keep accurate records of all actions taken by the city council.
• Prepare agendas and give notice of City Council meetings.
• Serve as the election official for all city elections.
• Serve as City Council liaison.
• Oversee a records management program for the city that provides for the identification, maintenance, retention, security,
disposition, and preservation of city records.
• Maintain information on City Council appointed boards and commissions.
• Administer oaths of office to council members, administrative officers, and other appointed officers.
• Attest contracts, assessment certificates, and other legal instruments when executed by the authorized officers of the city.
• Oversee updates to the City’s Code of Ordinances.
• Process releases of liens.
• Perform such other duties as may be required of the city secretary by the Charter, the city council, or state law.
• Provide assistance to citizens, council and city staff.
Contact the City Secretary Department for board, commission, election information, and information regarding City Council meetings and City Council members.
The City Secretary Department is committed to professionalism, efficiency, a high work ethic, and strives to treat everyone with empathy, respect and trust. The Department serves the needs and desires of the City Council, as well as the citizens of Copperas Cove in an efficient and effective manner.