To become a premier travel destination in Central Texas and to grow the economic impact of tourism through marketing, public relations and development efforts that benefit our visitors and citizens.
Copperas Cove Convention and Visitors Bureau’s mission is to strengthen the positive awareness within the City of Copperas Cove and the adjacent communities as a tourism destination and encouraging utilization of accommodations, retail outlets, restaurants, and entertainment and recreation venues for the community’s economic benefit.
Goals and Objectives
Increase knowledge of what tourism components Copperas Cove and the surrounding area have to offer.
• Create and establish a tourism website where public can find information on upcoming events, places to stay, restaurants to dine
• Partner with surrounding communities to communicate with public
• Utilize Facebook and/or other social media to communicate externally
Create new facilities and market current facilities to bring in special/corporate events.
• Utilize / develop civic center for large special events (weddings/corporate meetings or events)
• Market facilities to public, establishing viability through usability
Increase participation through special events and recreation.
• Develop and bolster already existing special events and create new events
• Utilize meetings, seminars, events and athletic events as “foot in the door” strategies to attract first time leisure visitors
• Leverage what the communities core values are when planning and creating regional impact events
Partner with area businesses to make tourism a shared community effort.
• Educate and engage residents and local businesses about the economic benefits of tourism
• Create a customer service program focused on educating customers about Copperas Cove
• Develop community-wide objectives to support tourism