About the Development Services Department- Planning Division
Our mission is to provide solution-oriented customer services to the citizens we serve which will promote the implementation of sustainable plans; will facilitate economic growth; and will enhance our quality of life for the City of Copperas Cove.
Our vision is to be a fully integrated engaged team of professionals guided through the use of technology in creative and collaborative methods that will facilitate land use planning decisions and balance the need for economic growth combined with the stewardship of protecting City’s resources.
Our goal is to process and analyze project applications in a solution oriented “can-do” environment that is fair, efficient, timely, accurate, and provides friendly customer service, to accommodate development within the boundaries of the City’s policies, goals, and objectives.
The Development Services Department – Planning Division is responsible for the City’s Comprehensive Plan and its implementation under Chapter 20 – Zoning. The Planning Division provides support to citizens, business and development communities, local stakeholders and the general public. The City Planner assigned to the Division serves as the recording Secretary for both the Planning and Zoning Commission and the Board of Adjustment.
• Promote and implement the Comprehensive Plan, including amendments to the Future Land Use Plan and Thoroughfare Plan.
• Improve the quality of life and safety of the community through implementation of Council Policy for planned sustainable and compatible land uses.
• Provide efficient and accurate services to citizens, businesses, developers, and stakeholders.
• Support the Planning and Zoning Commission in conformance with city ordinances and State law.
• Support the Board of Adjustment in conformance with city ordinances and State law.
• Continue to improve plat & plan application/development review processes and procedures.
• Improve customer service by aligning community needs and expectations to were satisfaction is experienced and achieved though effective communication of laws and ordinances.
• Continue to maintain the City’s zoning map, city limit map, address maps, plat database, address database, and digital infrastructure library.
PLANNING DIVISION GOALS FOR FISCAL YEAR 2019
• Complete adoption and implementation of the Business 190 Master Plan efforts.
• Complete adoption and begin implementation of the Comprehensive Plan and Thoroughfare Plan Update.
• Complete Chapter 17.5 Subdivision and Chapter 16.5 Sign Regulations Updates.
• Complete online application processes through My Permit Now. Apply for Permits, Pay Online, Request Inspections, Submit Files, Download Inspection Reports and Approved Plans, Check Status of a Permit, Download Permit Data, Search for Permits, Manage Contractor Licenses.