On February 24, 2015 the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) issued a Small Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System (MS4) General Permit to the City of Copperas Cove Chief Building Official.
The goal of TCEQ’s Small MS4 general permit program is to reduce storm water pollution in creeks, rivers, streams, and lakes.
As part of this general permit, the City of Copperas Cove has prepared and implemented a five-year Storm Water Management Plan (SWMP) detailing efforts we will take to prevent and reduce storm water pollution.
The City of Copperas Cove’s SWMP focuses on six minimum control measures:
• Public Education and Outreach on Storm Water Impacts
• Public Involvement / Participation
• Illicit Discharge Detection and Elimination
• Construction Site Storm Water Runoff Control
• Post-Construction Storm Water Management
• Pollution Prevention / Good Housekeeping of Municipal Operations
A copy of the City of Copperas Cove’s SWMP detailing specific the Best Management Practices we will follow to address each minimum control measure is provided in the links below. Additional material, such educational material, program information, and annual progress reports will periodically be updated on this site.