The Mission of Parks and Recreation Department is to enhance the quality of life of citizens through the promotion of activities and programs; maintenance of facilities, park lands, and cemeteries; and the conservation and management of recreational, cultural, and natural resources.
Parents, spectators and/or officials please call our NEW weather/game cancellation notification line at (254)-542-8972 for daily updates to our schedule. The Sports Line will be updated by 3:00pm every day that we have sports and/or activities scheduled.
The City of Copperas Cove has 8 parks for your enjoyment
1. South Park, 2602 Dennis Dr. (CR 30 46) (SW), South Park has a paved hike/bike trail beside a local creek. The trail measures 0.7 miles one way and is used for many exercise and fitness activities. One of two swimming pools is located at this park for our younger patrons. It also has a children’s playscape and two youth soccer fields.
2. Ogletree Gap Preserve, 1878 Post Office Rd. (Hwy 190 West)- Ogletree Gap has the original stage stop at this historical town site. This is a beautiful area for exploring and walking in a natural setting. Ogletree Gap features a pavilion that can be reserved and rented for special events.
3. City Park Complex, 1206 W. Ave. B. (NW)- This is an 88-acre park with picnic areas, grills, children playscapes, soccer fields, baseball and softball fields, outdoor basketball and volleyball courts. City Park features the main public swimming pool in Cove which features a circular slide and a zero entry in the children’s play area with a mushroom fountain. And don’t forget your fishing pole and try your luck at the “duck pond”.
4. Highland Park, 1203 Craig St. (W)
5. Heritage Park, 1929 Pleasant Lane (SW)
6. Kate St. Park, 603 Kate St. (SE)
7. High Chaparral Park, 1310 High Chaparral (W)
8. Edgar H. Rhode Park, 3514 Rhode Way
Athletics Department – Cove Athletics offers a host of activities for youth sports including:
• Flag Football
• Tackle Football
• Swim Lessons
Online registration is available: HERE. Or you may register in person at Parks and Recreation office located at 1206 W. Ave. B
Tennis courts are located at: Martin Walker Elementary School (SW), Turkey Creek Activity Center (NE), Mae Stevens Elementary School (E), and the High School (NW).
The City has two swimming pools that are open during the summer months from Memorial Day to Labor Day. The City Park and South Park pools offer daily admissions or summer passes can be purchased in May that can be used at all City pools. Swim lessons are offered at City Park pool and are listed on the Aquatics Calendar.
For more information regarding Aquatics, please contact the Parks and Recreation Office at (254) 542-2719.
The Civic Center, 1206 W. Ave. B.
Within City Park, 1206 W. Ave. B.
Fester House stage area; Pavilion 1 located near the basketball court.
Pavilion 5, across the drive from ball field 5.
The City does not offer an RV park location
The Recreation Administration offices are located @ 1206 West Ave B (Civic Center)